- By Kimberly Busse
- Posted Wednesday, February 1, 2023
FORSYTH COUNTY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPECIAL APPROPRIATION FUNDING IN FY24 BUDGET
Forsyth County is now accepting applications for Special Appropriations funding for Fiscal Year 2023-2024. Special Appropriations funding provides assistance to community organizations for a variety of service areas and initiatives. Funding requests are evaluated and approved on a year-by-year basis by the Board of Commissioners during the budget process. Applications are due February 27, 2023 at 12:00 noon.
Please see below for the anticipated Special Appropriations funding timeline:
- January 30, 2023 - February 27, 2023: Open Application Period
- June 5, 2023: Public Hearing on Proposed Budget
- June 8, 2023 - June 22, 2023: Possible Adoption of Budget Ordinance
- July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024: Term of service for all approved programs
Special Appropriations applications will be submitted online in Fiscal Year 2023-2024 using the Forsyth County Community Portal found here: https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/forsythcountync/Participant
For additional information or assistance, please contact Kimberly Busse, Forsyth County Budget & Management Analyst, at (336) 703-2896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.