- By April W Bowman
- Posted Thursday, April 7, 2022
4-H Photography Contest
Youth ages 5-18 (as of 1/1/22) are invited to submit up to three photographs in the 4-H Photography Contest. Youth ages 5-7, may only enter photographs on the county level and those entries will not be placed. Entries from youth ages 8-18 will advance to the state competition. N.C. Cooperative Extension and North Carolina 4-H reserves the rights to use any of the photographs received for educational purposes.
- The state contest is open to North Carolina 4-H members ages 8-18.
- Youth must be active in 4-H Online.
- Participation is NOT limited to just those 4-H’ers enrolled in photography projects.
- All entry photos must have been taken by the 4-H’er submitting the entry during the contest year.
- 4-H’ers must enter their photos within the division that applies (Junior: ages 8-13 OR Senior: ages 14-18).
- Each 4-H’er may enter only one photo in each of the three categories (“4-H in Action,” “Nature’s Beauty,” “Special Effects”). This means that each individual 4-H’er may have up to three entries (one in each category).
- The same image may be entered in more than one category (if it applies to each category.)
- Photos may be in color OR black-and-white.
- PLEASE submit photographs at the highest image resolution possible in order to display high-quality images.
- All entries must be submitted to email@example.com by August 15 with the following information:
- Name of Photographer
- Photographer email address (that is checked regularly)
- 4-H Age as of January 1
- Age Division:
- Cloverbud Division (Ages 5-7)
- Junior Division (Ages 8-13)
- Senior Division (Ages 14-18)
- 4-H in Action
- Nature’s Beauty
- Special Effects
- Position a friend so it looks like a tree branch is growing out of their mouth.
- Maybe take a photo where everything is blurred except the focal point.
- Create an image of someone that has an extra set of hands or legs.
- Use a crystal ball to capture a reflection.
- Maybe take a photograph of your friend holding up a building with the palm of their hand.
- Title of Photo: Please give your photograph a title and give any details about your picture.
- Photos must be saved in the following manner. AgeCategory_PhotoCategory_FirstLastName of 4-H'er
- For example:
Photos by junior 4-H'er Christine Clover
Youth are encouraged to EXPLORE photography. Be CREATIVE! Research how to take the best picture possible and Practice, Practice, Practice. Have FUN!!
Photography Resources to help you take the perfect picture
For more information, email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-703-2855 or Dr. Monique Pearce-Brady, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development at email@example.com or call 336-703-2856.