- By Raegen Luntz
- Posted Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Celebrating National Library Week at the Lewisville Branch
During National Library Week (April 3-9), the Lewisville Branch wants to connect with its community through fun and engaging events. Stop by the library and participant in one or more of the following activities:
-Take a Shelfie!
– Library/Reading photo props will be available for customers to use to take photos of themselves in their favorite spot or section of the library. Customers will be able to share those photos with staff to be posted on social media or turned into a button.
-Library Trivia Game
– Customers will have their knowledge tested regarding their local library and/or classic book titles. Correct entries will be entered to win a small prize.
-Library Lego Competition
– Customers will be encouraged to build a replica of their favorite library, library department or create one from their imaginations and drop it off at the Lewisville Branch during National Library Week (April 3-9). The creations will be on display in the children’s area during the month of April to allow our customers to view them and vote for their favorite model. Each participant will receive a small prize. The winner will be recognized and receive a prize. The winner will be announced on May 2.
-Friends of the Lewisville Library Annual Spring Book Sale (April 7-9)
- Shop for great deals at the Friends Spring Book Sale on April 8 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and on April 9 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Lewisville Branch. The Friends of the Lewisville Library Preview Sale for members is on Thursday, April 7 from 4-7:30 p.m. Join the Friends at the door. All proceeds from the book sale go to support the Lewisville Branch Library.
For more information regarding National Library Week, please visit the American Library Association's website.