- By John Burgiss
- Posted Monday, March 7, 2022
Property Tax Bill Payment Options with the Road Closure
Due to the construction that is adjacent to the Government Center, we are urging property owners to use one of the payment methods listed below to avoid road and sidewalk closures in our area.
- By mail: Please be aware that the mail delivery time range for First-Class mail has expanded from 1-3 days to 1-5 days. If you are mailing in your payment, please be aware of these delays.
- Pay online using credit, debit card or e-check (convenience fees will apply)
If you do plan on coming downtown to the Forsyth County Tax Department to pay your Property Tax bill, please be aware of the following road and sidewalk closures:
- Chestnut Street between 1st Street and the 2nd Street Government Center parking deck entrance. The entrance to the parking deck is open.
- E. 2nd Street between N. Church Street and Chestnut Street
- Sidewalk between Church Street and Chestnut Street is closed.
- Patterson Avenue between 1st Street and 3rd Street
When arriving downtown, you will need to follow the posted detour signs utilizing 3rd Street to Chestnut Street to gain access to the Government Center Parking Deck. As an alternative to waiting in line in our office, you may place your check or money order in our drop box which is located on the outside of the building next to the parking deck entrance.