- By Todd Luck
- Posted Monday, August 9, 2021
Forsyth County Public Health to resume cash cards for first dose vaccinations
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health will resume giving out cash cards on Tuesday, August 10, for first dose vaccinations and for non-commercial drivers who take someone to receive their first dose.
One hundred dollars worth of cash cards are available to anyone 18 and older who receives their first dose of any COVID-19 vaccine, and $25 cash cards are available to non-commercial drivers who take someone to receive their first dose. Drivers will only receive one cash card per trip.
The cards are for first doses only, and each patient’s COVID vaccination history will be checked before the shot is administered or the cash card is given. Cards will be available while supplies last.
Appointments and walk-ups for COVID-19 vaccinations are accepted during the week at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- Walk-ups are accepted Mon-Tues. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., and Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Weekend COVID vaccinations at the health department are held on the second Saturday of the month from 9 a.m.-12 noon, which will be this Saturday, August 14.
Public Health staff will be accepting walk-ups at these community vaccination events:
- Saturday, August 14, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., United Health Centers Community Day, 2101 Peters Creek Parkway
- Saturday, August 14, 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Bowman Gray Stadium Racing, 1250 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive. The first 100 adults, 18 and over, that receive their first dose will get a free admission ticket for that night’s race.
- Sunday, August 15, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Cooks Flea Market, 4250 Patterson Ave
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. The single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, for ages 18 and up, will be an option while supplies last. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, is available. A limited supply of Moderna is available for second doses.