- By Jacquelyn White
- Posted Monday, December 16, 2019
Teen Central's Teen Advisory Board Meeting
The Teen Advisory Board is a group of teens who meet once a month with the Teen Services Librarian. This meeting is for teens already chosen for the 2019-2020 board. Interested in becoming a member, fill out the form and return it to Teen Central.
Where: Teen Central, second floor of Central Library
Who: Ages 12-18
When: Tuesday, Jan. 7 from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
What is the Teen Advisory Board?
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) of Forsyth County Public Library’s Teen Central is designed to allow teens to incorporate themselves within the library through actively engaging in the development and participation of library events, programs, publications, and services, for all teens of the community. Members have an opportunity to provide real leadership and service to their local library and by extension to other teens in their community by having their voices heard.
Reasons to join the Teen Central Teen Advisory Board:
- Free food at every meeting.
- Participation counts as volunteer hours and experience for resumes and college applications.
- Become involved in your library and show your community that teens matter.
- Participate creatively (book reviews, stories, art, etc.) on the teen library website.
- Plan programs for you and your friends.
- Get special perks.
- Because it’s fun!
Responsibility of a Teen Central Teen Advisory Board member:
- Attend all meetings (held the first Tuesday of every month. August through May at 4:30 p.m.) and actively participate.
- Attend as many teen programs as possible and volunteer to help set-up and clean up.
- Be a responsible library user.
- Help promote teen participation at the library.
To become a member please fill out the following application and return it to a Teen Central staff member. Simply filling out the application does not guarantee acceptance to TAB but your application will be kept on file for one year.
Download application here.