• By Todd Luck
  • Posted Thursday, February 28, 2019

Forsyth Register of Deeds Provides Out of County Birth Certificates

Those born in North Carolina but outside of Forsyth County can get a copy of their birth certificate from the Forsyth County Register of Deeds office.

Out of County birth certificates only apply for those who are not adopted and were born in 1971 or after. They can only be requested in person at the Register of Deeds office on the second floor of the Forsyth County Government Center, 201 N. Chestnut St. in Winston-Salem. There is a $24 fee for the service that must be paid in cash. Customers also need to bring a valid form of identification. The office is open weekdays from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.

The name for the request needs to exactly match what the county of birth has on file, including any accent marks and punctuation, for staff to find it using a statewide search. Additional searches that need to be performed if a name isn’t found the first time cost an additional $14 each.

Work with Us

Employment Opportunities

Job Opportunities

Volunteer Opportunities

Open Appointments List