• By Jody Lohman
  • Posted Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Let Someone Else Do Your Taxes

How Do I Get Tax Forms and Instructions?

People are asking this question after finding out that the library will not have instruction booklets or schedules to give out due to budget cuts at the IRS. Don’t fret. There are other ways to get both federal and state tax forms, including ordering them by phone or online, printing them from the Internet, or filing them electronically. View the Tax Newsletter for some options for locating federal and state tax forms and instructions. But remember, it's best to plan ahead.

Let Someone Else Do Your Taxes

Free tax assistance will also be available at many locations throughout Forsyth County. Starting in February, VITA and AARP volunteers will be available to assist individuals and families with low to moderate income.

View the Tax Newsletter for a complete listing of FREE tax assistance locations throughout the county, as well as ways to access federal and state tax forms and instructions.

Library Locations Offering FREE Tax Assistance

Reynolda Branch - 336-703-2960
Every Monday and Tuesday
February 6 - April 18
9:00 am – 12:15 pm

Southside Branch - 336-703-2980
Every Thursday and Friday
February 2 - April 13
9:00 am – 12:15 pm

Malloy Jordan/East Winston Branch - 336-703-2950
Every Saturday
February 11 - April 8
10:00 am – 2:00 pm


Clemmons Branch
Call for appointment: 336-703-2920
Tue, Thur: 12:00 - 4:00

Kernersville Senior Center (Library basement)
Call for appointment: 336-992-0591
Wed, Thur, Fri: 9:00 - 1:00

Rural Hall Branch
Call for appointment: 336-703-2970
Wed: 10:00 - 2:00

Please bring the following:

  • Picture ID
  • W-2 forms and/or 1099s
  • Social Security Cards (or ITIN) for yourself, your spouse, and each dependent to be listed on the tax return
  • Medicare card with an "A" at the end of the number
  • A voided check or savings account information for direct deposit of any refund
  • Totals for medical expenses, contributions, etc. (add all receipts prior to meeting)
  • Employer ID (EIN) or SSN of all childcare providers for child care tax credit
  • Proof of medical health insurance (on W2 or 1095-A)

Library staff and volunteers are NOT able to provide any tax assistance or advice regarding tax forms or tax returns.

Work with Us

Employment Opportunities

Job Opportunities

Volunteer Opportunities

Open Appointments List