- By Tim Jennings
- Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Last Low Cost Clinic for Rabies Vaccines & Spay/Neuter Vouchers This Year at FCAC Saturday
The last low-cost rabies vaccination clinic this year, sponsored by the
Forsyth Spay Day Coalition, will be held at the Forsyth County Animal
Shelter on October 24. Rabies vaccines are available to anyone who has a
dog, cat or ferret that needs a vaccine. Only 1 year vaccinations will be
available. Only cash transactions accepted. Dogs, cats and ferrets only.
Dogs must be leashed. Cats and ferrets must be in carriers. Pets must be at
least 3 months of age.
Clinic Cost: $5.00 per vaccination (cash only)
- Date & Times: Saturday October 24 9:00
am – 11:00 am
- Location: Forsyth County Animal Shelter
5570 Sturmer Park Circle, Winston-Salem,
All proceeds support the Forsyth Spay Day fund which provides vouchers to
assist low income households with the cost of altering their pets.
$10 Spay/Neuter Vouchers will also be available to low-income
households seeking assistance in altering their pets. The leading animal
welfare organizations in the nation have determined that spaying and
neutering is a fundamental element of responsible pet ownership and the
key to reducing the number of unwanted pets. Since we initiated the
targeted spay/neuter assistance program, FCAC’s annual intake of dogs
and cats has dropped by 2,052 or 24%. These vouchers are a great way to
save money AND make a huge difference!!
To Get a Voucher, Forsyth County Residents Must Bring:
- Proof of government assistance (WIC card, W2, food stamps,
- $10 per voucher (CASH ONLY PLEASE)
- A valid photo ID that shows your current address (must be a
Forsyth County Resident)
- Each household is limited to 3 vouchers.
- Cash only. Credit cards, debit cards, or checks will not be
- Only pets older than 3 months and less than 7 years of age are