- By Tim Jennings
- Posted Thursday, February 20, 2014
Forsyth County SPAY DAY - A One Day Event!
Forsyth County Spay Day - A One Day Event!
$10 Spay/Neuter Vouchers
When: Saturday February 22, 2014 1:00 PM -3:00 PM
Where: Six locations:
- Forsyth County Animal Control, 5570 Sturmer Park Circle, WS 27105
- Pet & Hobby Shop, 3800Reynolda Road, WS 27106
- Tractor Supply, 1011 Bethania-Rural Hall Road, Rural Hall 27045
- Tractor Supply, 196 Westwood Village Drive, Clemmons 27012
- Love’s United Methodist Church, 3020 Main Street, Walkertown 27051
- Petco, 1080 S. Main Street, Kernersville 27284
- Dynasty Furniture, 1590 Peters Creek Parkway, WS 27103
- Forsyth Agriculture Building, 1450 Fairchild Road, WS 27105
In recognition of SPAY DAY 2013 local private and public organizations have formed a partnership, and combined resources, to reduce pet overpopulation in Forsyth County by providing spay/neuter vouchers to very low-income residents of Forsyth County.
Each year Forsyth County Animal Control shelters over 8,000 animals. Only about 1,700 will be recovered by their owners, or find new homes. Approximately 3,000 of these dogs and cats are turned over to the shelter by their owners and one third will be a puppy or kitten. The leading animal welfare organizations in the nation have determined that spaying and neutering is a fundamental element of responsible pet ownership and the key to reducing the number of unwanted pets. This voucher program is a great opportunity to save some money and make a difference!
What You Need to Bring: If you qualify, please come to one of the above locations on the date/time above and bring the following:
- Proof of income (WIC card, W-2, etc.)
- *$10 CASH ONLY
- A valid photo ID that shows current address (Must be Forsyth County resident)
- *Proof of rabies shot (certificate of vaccination) for pet will need to be presented at the time of the surgery. If you need a rabies vaccine, the Forsyth County Animal Control is hosting a rabies clinic on March 1 between the hours of 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm $5 cash only. Otherwise, you will need to pay for the vaccination at the time of surgery at full price.
There is a limit of 3 vouchers per household. Surgeries will take place at the Central Spay, Neuter and Wellness Clinic in Kernersville, and SPOT, a mobile spay/neuter service, at the Forsyth County animal Control Department. Appointments for the surgeries will be made at the time the vouchers are issued. Only pets between 3 months and 6 years of age are eligible.
Forsyth Spay Day Coalition:
AARF, Forsyth Co. Animal Control, Forsyth Humane Society, Forsyth Veterinary Medical Association, Fur-Ever Friends of NC, Humane Solution Spay/Neuter Program, and Project Pearl