- By Janis Fox
- Posted Thursday, September 6, 2012
Bookmark Contest is Open for All Youth Under 18
Are you under age 18? Is art what you do best? Hoping to display your talents across the county? It’s time for the annual Forsyth County Public Library Bookmark Contest!
Youth of all ages are invited to design a bookmark. Our judges will choose several designs from each grade or preschool age group. Winning bookmarks will be printed and distributed at all Forsyth County Public Libraries. Winning artists and their parents along with their school media specialist/teacher will be invited to a special celebration at the Central Library on November 8, 2012, to receive the first copies of their winning bookmarks.
What to do:
1. You can pick up an official contest form at your local Forsyth County Public Library branch, or download one from the library's website.
2. Carefully follow the instructions on the contest form. Errors will lead to disqualification. Do you own work (no tracing!).
3. Return the completed contest form to your local branch before the deadline.
Judges are looking for original and creative ideas. You might:
- Illustrate an original slogan about reading or books.
- Draw something from a favorite book or a favorite subject.
- Illustrate why you love the library.
- USE YOUR IMAGINATION!
Important Dates: Contest forms are available at the branches and online between September 4th and October 5th. All entries must be received by Friday, October 5th. Winners will be notified by phone in early November.
Bookmark Official Form
High School Graphic Design Contest Entries
High school students are allowed to submit computer graphic-designed black and white entries in a .pdf or .jpg format, along with all necessary information, in order to be considered. The bookmark design must be the same dimensions as on the printed form (2 ¼ x 8”). All other contest rules apply. These entries should be submitted via email to Janis Fox.