- By Candace Brennan
- Posted Thursday, March 17, 2011
Journey to Wild Places: Poetry, Rap, Song Contest
On The Same Poem 2011 has a terrific Poetry/Rap/Song contest for young people in middle school and high school. Teens in 6th through 12th grades are invited to write an original poem, rap or song for National Poetry Month. Winners will receive signed copies of The Strange Attractor by Robert Morgan, lunch at On the Same Poem Luncheon and a Barnes & Noble gift card. Entry forms are available at any Library location, from your student’s teachers and media specialists, or you can print one now. For more information, call or e-mail Candace Brennan at 703-3022 or email@example.com or Meg Harrison at 703-3081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your entry to Teen Central at Central Library by 5:00 pm, Saturday, April 5th.
- Writings may be on any subject, in any style.
- This must be an original work that has not been published.
- We can accept only 3 works per person.
- Please submit your work typewritten, 10 or 12 point font.
- Automatic disqualification for expletives, and derogatory or sexually explicit references.
On the Same Poem 2011 gratefully acknowledges the support of: Whole Foods Winston Salem, Winston Salem Writers, and Barnes & Noble Bookstore.