- By Don Dwiggins
- Posted Friday, April 24, 2009
Re-inventing Yourself for Today’s Job Market
On Monday, April 27th, the Forsyth County Public Library will present part two of our free Survive & Thrive employment series: Re-inventing Yourself for today’s job market from noon to 1:30 pm in the Central Library Auditorium.
Join us as special guest speakers discuss how you can re-tool yourself for a new job in a new industry. This is a must-attend session for anyone interested in entering into a new field of employment. Guest speakers and Library staff will be available afterward to answer your questions and discuss free Library resources related to this topic.
The Central Library Auditorium is located at 660 W. Fifth Street in Winston-Salem. Call 703-2908 for more information. Registration is suggested but not required: 703-2908 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you did not attend part one of Survive & Thrive last week, here’s what you missed.
- A look at Indeed.com where you can find over 6,000 job openings within 25 miles of Winston-Salem.
- The Library’s ReferenceUSA database gives you detailed information on more than 16,000 Forsyth County businesses – perfect for giving you critical background material for a job interview or putting together a list of prospects for your job search.
- The Library’s NetLibrary database of over 24,000 e-books provides instant access to hundreds of books about resumes, careers, and job-seeking topics.
- Snag that Job Checklist – 13 critical things to do now to keep your job search on track.