- By Kim Hepler
- Posted Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Volunteers Encouraged to Apply
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on February 9, 2009.
- Seven (7) Appointments to the ADULT CARE HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, Three-Year Terms, Four (4) Expiring January 2012 and Three (3) Expiring March 2012 [Capacity: Open] [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year.]
- Three (3) Appointments to the APPEARANCE COMMISSION, WINSTON-SALEM/FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring February 2012 [Capacities: Two (2) Special Experience or Education in Design and One (1) Open]
- Two (2) Appointments to the BOARD OF HEALTH, Three-Year Terms, Expiring January 2012 [Capacities: One (1) Dentist and One (1) Pharmacist]
- One (1) Appointment to the COALITION FOR DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION, Three-Year Term, Expiring August 2011 [Capacity: Religion Representative]
- Two (2) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY AGRICULTURAL ADVISORY BOARD, Three-Year Terms, Expiring February 2012 [Capacity: One (1) Actively Engaged in Farming in Forsyth County and One (1) At Large]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY HISTORIC RESOURCES COMMISSION, Four-Year Term, Expiring November 2012 [Capacity: Local Historic Landmark Property Owner]
- Two (2) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL, Two-Year Terms, Expiring June 2010 and March 2011 [Capacities: One (1) Substance Abuse Professional and One (1) At Large]
- Three (3) Appointments to the INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES & POLLUTION CONTROL FINANCING AUTHORITY, Six-Year Terms, Expiring March 2015 [Capacity: Open]
- Three (3) Appointments to the NURSING HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring February 2012 [Capacity: Open] [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year.]
- One (1) Joint City/County Appointment to the PLANNING BOARD (CITY/COUNTY), Four-Year Term, Expiring February 2013 [Capacity: County Resident]
- Four (4) Appointments to the TEN-YEAR PLAN COMMISSION on HOMELESSNESS, Three-Year Terms, Expiring January 2012 [Capacity: One (1) Mental Health Representative, One (1) Criminal Justice Representative, One (1) Education Representative, and One (1) Business Representative]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page on the Commissioner's website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 5:00 p.m.