- By April W Bowman
- Posted Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Learn Job Application and Interview Skills with 4-H
The 4-H Application, Interview, Resume, and Electronic video (AIRE) information for 2021 has been released. The contest is a great way to prepare for actual job applications and interviews. Youth ages 11-13 can practice and participate for fun. Youth ages 14-18 will be competing for the opportunity to represent North Carolina at the National 4-H Leadership Conference, National 4-H Conference, or the National 4-H Congress. It is recommended that youth rank the trips in that order on their application. The process includes a two-page resume (that follows one of the formats on the webpage linked below) that includes a link to an "unpublished" or "secret" youtube video of your three-minute video essay that answers the following prompt: "Reflect on something that someone has done for you that has made you happy or thankful in a surprising way. How has this gratitude affected or motivated you?"
Participants are strongly encouraged to submit a draft of their resume as soon as possible via Google Drive to email@example.com for editing.
By June 7, youth must submit to April Bowman via Google Drive or email (firstname.lastname@example.org ):
- the final version of your resume
- include the link to your Video on the resume
- name your resume: lastname_firstname_Forsyth_AIREResume.pdf ex. Bowman_April_Forsyth_AIREResume.pdf
- your application (called "NEW: AIRE Application Prep Packet (2021)" on the NC 4-H AIRE page) (Please let us know if you need this downloaded into an editable format for you!)
- name your application lastname_firstname_Forsyth_AIREApp (this file may be a pdf, doc, jpg, or Google Doc file (ask about other file types)
- Sign-up in 4-H Online for AIRE
Resumes and video essays will be judged and then youth will be invited to participate in a Zoom interview between June 17 and July 31 (you will sign-up for a specific date at a later time).
Learn more on the NC 4-H AIRE page.
For more information, or assistance feel free to, email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at email@example.com or call 336-703-2855 or Dr. Monique Pearce-Brady, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-703-2856. We would be happy to help you!