Members of the Friends are dedicated patrons of the MJEWHC and to the goals of the original doctrine of the library formerly known as the East Winston Library. It was three doctors who donated the land to the community, on which the library still stands. The library stands on land donated by three prominent African American doctors, Dr.H.D. Malloy, his son Dr.H.R. Malloy and Dr. J.C. Jordan, who saw the need during segregation to have a library which served the Black community, and especially its youth.
The Friends group has donated back to school supplies for neighborhood children; assist in hosting the annual Kwanzaa and Martin Luther King, Jr. programs for children, and sponsor an ongoing book sale.
The Friends of the Malloy Jordan East Winston Heritage Center have a standing meeting time quarterly.
Contact information: The Friends of the Malloy Jordan East
Winston Heritage Center
1110 East 7th Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101