- Complete a voter registration form. [en español]
- Print and sign the form. Electronic signatures are NOT acceptable.
- Sign the form (ink to paper). Electronic signatures are NOT acceptable.
- Once finished, mail the form to our office:
Forsyth County Board of Elections
201 N Chestnut Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101
- The form may also be dropped off in person to the same address Monday-Friday from 8-5 p.m.
The deadline to register to vote in North Carolina is 25 days before the date of an election.
The registration must be received or postmarked by the voter registration deadline in order to be considered
timely. Persons who register at the DMV or other agencies will be considered registered as of the date the
application is given to the agency.
Submitting Your Form:
You must mail or deliver this application in-person with your original signature if you are registering to vote for the first time in your county of residence. If you are changing your name, address or party affiliation within your current county of registration, in addition to mail, you may also fax or email a scanned image of your signed application. If you give your signed application to another person or organization to submit on your behalf, be sure the person or organization can commit to timely submitting your application to the proper board of elections.