- By Leslie Peck
- Posted Thursday, March 21, 2019
Volunteers Needed - Youth Education at the Arboretum at Tanglewood
Every year, volunteers assist with Extension's Youth Education Program at the Arboretum at Tanglewood Park. This is a field trip opportunity that invites third graders in the WS/FCS district to the Arboretum to learn about plant science.
We still need several volunteers for our 2019 program, which will take place on April 1, 2, 5, 8, and 9. We especially need volunteers on Monday, April 8. If you're available, we'd love to have your help. Please follow this link to learn more and register to volunteer. (Read on for even more details.)
You do not need to be familiar with the Arboretum in order to volunteer. We will provide an orientation session for volunteers each day to familiarize them with their tasks and give any necessary additional information.
Please see below for details on registering to volunteer, dates, times, and volunteer responsibilities. Do note that this volunteer opportunity will involve a good deal of walking and is moderately physically taxing.
Please contact Leslie Peck (email@example.com, 336-703-2868) with any questions.
Youth Education at the Arboretum at Tanglewood Park
- Volunteer Job Description: N.C. Cooperative Extension, Forsyth County Center, and Extension Master Gardener Volunteers are excited to once again offer the Youth Education Program at the Arboretum at Tanglewood Park. During the program, third graders from several WS/FC schools will rotate through 15-minute educational presentations on a variety of topics, including composting, herbs, plant parts, soils, carnivorous plants, and trees. We are looking for volunteers to help guide each class through the scheduled sessions, help direct traffic, and provide assistance where needed.
- Dates: April 1, 2, 5, 8 and 9.
- Time: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Volunteers are invited to stay for a free "thank you lunch" after their shift.
- Location: The Arboretum at Tanglewood Park (1450 Fairchild Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27105)
Please follow this link to learn more and register to volunteer.