- By Meg Harrison
- Posted Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Teen Writer’s Contest
The Library is Holding a Teen Writer’s Contest as Part of On the Same Page 2011. Who Can Enter? Any local student in grades 6-12 who reads the 2011 On The Same Page selection The Road to Devotion.
How does it work? Write a 300-500 word short story or non-fiction essay on the subject of friendship.
- Save your writing as a MS word, PDF or RTF document and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 30th.
- The entry e-mail should be entitled “Writing Contest” and should contain your name, your age, your school, and the best method to contact you by.
- Judges will select three winners from each age group (6-8 and 9-12) and writing category (fiction and non-fiction) for a total of twelve winners.
- Each winner will receive a signed copy of the novel and a free lunch with the author on October 22nd.
- Winners will be notified on October 14th.