- By Mary Jac Brennan
- Posted Monday, January 3, 2011
New Community Garden Resource Program
Forsyth County has been awarded a grant from the Anne Hanes Willis Fund, the Charles Babcock, Jr. Discretionary Fund, and the Frank E. Llewellyn T.B. Fund administered by the Winston-Salem Foundation to support a community garden resource program.
The community garden resource program has the following goals:
- Increase the number of community gardens in Forsyth County, with emphasis in limited resource communities with diverse populations
- Increase the access to fresh fruits and vegetables for participants
- Provide training and networking opportunities for garden leaders as a tool to sustain gardens
- Increase the amount of fresh produce being donated to agencies accepting food
- Increase the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables by people participating in community gardens.
Vist the new webpage and learn more about the community garden movement that is sweeping the country.