Community & Economic Development

Code Enforcement

Our Code Enforcement Officer enforces the minimum housing standards throughout the county focusing on the health and safety of occupants/neighbors.

Can Forsyth County assist with your complaint?

Forsyth County can assist with


Abandoned homes


Tall grass/ overgrown shrubbery


Dilapidated structures

Forsyth County cannot assist with


Business run out of residential properties


Trash complaints


Occupied tent/camper complaints

If we cannot advise, please contact our partners below:

Contacts for Zoning /Code Enforcement:

City of Winston-Salem:
City LInk Phone: 336-727-8000
Charles Diggs, 336-734-1260

City of Kernersville:

Side of ages and worn abandoned house

Homes Not Up to Code?

File a Minimum Housing Code complaint in Forsyth County

Image Description

Justin Stevens

Housing Rehabilitation Specialist

Fair Housing Statment

Forsyth County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, familial status, physical handicap or disability in its employment opportunities, programs, services or activities.

Learn More

Community & Economic Development

  • 201 North Chestnut Street
    Fifth Floor
    Winston-Salem, NC 27101
  • Phone: 336 703 2684
  • Fax: 336 727 8580
  • Email: Contact Us