- By Tina Lewis
- Posted Tuesday, May 31, 2022
The Department of Social Services to Distribute Fans
Forsyth County Department of Social Services (DSS) is accepting applications from residents who need electric fans.
Summer heat is coming and many will feel the uncomfortable effects of the heat, as well as suffer from heat related illnesses. It is DSS’s hope that these fans will bring some relief to the residents of Forsyth County.
Fans are limited and available on a first-come first-served basis. Residents need to apply in order to receive a fan.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
1. Must reside in Forsyth County
2. Must be an adult 60 years of age or older or an adult with a disability
3. Must have a home situation where a threat to health and well-being exists
Three ways to apply:
1. Contact Forsyth County Department of Social Services by calling 336-703-3501
2. Or use this QR Code:
3. Or visit: https://forms.office.com/g/et8mWcum9H
Operation Fan Heat Relief (OFHR), is a summer program intended to provide a more comfortable living environment and reduce heat related illnesses. Through OFHR, fans will be available while supplies last to those in need at Forsyth DSS, thanks to contributions received through the Piedmont Triad Regional Council’s Area Agency on Aging from Duke Energy Carolinas and Duke Energy Progress.