The county does not have a grass ordinance.
You can call Zoning at 727-2628 they handle untagged vehicles.
We would need an exact street address of the property and we will send our Code Enforcement Officer out to inspect the property and if it is in violation we will be in contact with the homeowner and have a hearing to make necessary repairs.

First Time Home Buyers

We offer interest free loans that do not have to be paid back until the homeowner sells, refinances, or ceases to occupy the property.
You have to qualify by household size and income. (See chart).
You will need a $1,000 saved and will be required to take a 1 to 2-day seminar at the Center for HomeOwnership. You may call them to set up an appointment @773-0286. Get pre qualified at a local lender to see how much of a mortgage you can afford.
You will be required to take the 8-hour Homebuyer Education Seminar at the Center for HomeOwnership prior to receiving assistance and the 2-hour Home Maintenance Class within 60 days after you close on your home. You may call The Center to register at (336) 773-0286.
The home must be located in Forsyth County.
For homes that will be assisted with NSP Rehabilitation/Repair, Forsyth County Department of Housing will determine whether or not the Rehabilitation/Repair is economically feasible. To inquire further, please contact our office.

Fair Housing

You can file a complaint with the North Carolina Human Relations Commission. Please call the Commission at (919) 807-4420 or toll free at (866) 324-7474. For more information visit
A housing provider cannot refuse to rent to applicants solely because they have children, unless the apartment complex meets the criteria for senior housing (55+ and 62+).
If the residential real estate is located in North Carolina, the North Carolina Human Relations Commission will investigate to determine whether unlawful discrimination has occurred.