- By April W Bowman
- Posted Wednesday, November 23, 2022
Gifts for Youth
Are you planning on buying presents for a child or teen this Holiday season? Consider the gift of experiences, especially for older youth.
- Provide passes to a park or museum
- Purchase a fun, educational game
- Consider a kit that includes skill building such as a sewing kit, or a cooking/baking kit
- Lessons for music, horseback riding, or art
- Tickets to sports games, theater, movies, or concerts
Remember to set a date for your event to ensure that you follow through!
Youth ages 3-12 prefer material possessions so ensure that your gift includes a tangible item from the gift shop of the museum that you will visit, etc. Teens don't necessarily need tangible items.
We would love to talk to you about gifting a trip to one of our three 4-H Camps for youth ages 5-14. Email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at email@example.com or call 336-703-2855 or Dr. Monique Pearce-Brady, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-703-2856. You may also visit https://nc4h.ces.ncsu.edu/camps-centers/ to learn more, but it is important to register for camp through your County Extension Center in order to receive a discount on your camp registration.