- Physical Fitness Test
(for Deputy and Detention Officer Applicants)
- Standardized Test (Administered on the day of PFT)
- F3 and Biographical Assessment
- Thorough Background Investigation and verification of Criminal Records
- Credit Check
- Orientation (for Detention and Telecommunicator positions)
- Polygraph examination for Sheriff’s Standards certified positions.
- Medical / Psychological / Cognitive Skills Examinations (Administered by
All applicants participating in the Physical Fitness Test should read the Instructional packet in its entirety. A waiver and release must be signed
prior to testing.Waiver and Release
The employment process generally takes 8 – 12 weeks to complete, however, applications
may remain active up to six months. The employment process will end upon failure
of any step in the process and/or the discovery of unacceptable information.