- By Ashley Curtice
- Posted Monday, July 6, 2015
Trying to Quit Smoking? Free Course Offered
- Freedom From Smoking® (FREE) Course
- 8-week series
- Wednesdays, July 22nd - September 9th, 2015
- 12 noon - 1:30 p.m.
- Health Department, Boardroom
- Feel free to bring your lunch.
***County Manager, Dudley Watts, allows employees 30 extra minutes of lunch time to attend Healthkick activities, with approval of your immediate supervisor.
Quitting smoking isn’t easy – but it’s easier with the right help. The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® program gives you options, resources and support to quit for good! Freedom From Smoking® is the premier smoking cessation program from the American Lung Association. It helps you develop a plan of action that leads to your quit day. You’ll also get the support you need to remain smoke-free for life!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to know if you’re really ready to quit
- Medications that can increase your success
- Lifestyle changes to make quitting easier
- How to prepare for your quit day
- Coping strategies for managing stress and avoiding weight gain
- Developing a new self-image
- How to stay smoke-free for good
This is a FREE 8 week course that is offered once per week at the health department.
To register for this program, please email email@example.com or contact Ashley Curtice at 336-703-3175.