- By Kim Hepler
- Posted Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Volunteers Encouraged to Apply
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on March 23, 2015.
- One (1) Appointment to the ADULT CARE HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, Three-Year Term, Expiring March 2018 [Capacity: “Administrator’s Slot”] [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year.]
- One (1) Appointment to the APPEARANCE COMMISSION, WINSTON-SALEM/FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Term, Expiring February 2018 [Capacity: “Special Experience or Education in Design”]
- Five (5) Appointments to the EQUALIZATION AND REVIEW BOARD – 2015, To serve until all matters have been considered relative to tax listings and tax values for the current year
- Fifteen (15) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY HOME AND COMMUNITY CARE BLOCK GRANT ADVISORY COUNCIL, Two-Year Terms, Expiring March 2017 [Capacities: Thirteen (13) “Open”, One (1) “Informal Caregiver” and One (1) “Service Recipient”]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL, Two-Year Term, Expiring June 2015 [Capacity: “United Way/Other Non-Profit Representative”]
- Three (3) Appointments to the INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES & POLLUTION CONTROL FINANCING AUTHORITY, Six-Year Terms, Expiring March 2021 [Capacity: “Open”]
- Three (3) Appointments to the NURSING HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring March 2018 [Capacity: “Open”] [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year.]
- One (1) Appointment to the TEN-YEAR PLAN COMMISSION on HOMELESSNESS, Three-Year Term, Expiring January 2018 [Capacity: “Education Representative”]
- One (1) Appointment to the UTILITY COMMISSION to Fill an Unexpired Term, Expiring June 2015 [Capacity: “Open”]
- Two (2) Appointments to the ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT, FORSYTH COUNTY to Fill Unexpired Terms, One (1) Expiring April 2016 and One (1) Expiring April 2017 [Capacity: “Alternate Member”]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page on the Commissioner's website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.