- By Jessica Cole
- Posted Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Welcome to Microsoft Windows 8
The newest operating system from Microsoft, Windows 8, is drastically different than all other previous versions and can present some challenges in learning how to effectively and efficiently navigate. If you’re new to Windows 8, then join us on Wednesday, May 1st at 10:00 AM for an introductory class. Bring your Microsoft Windows 8 enabled devices (fully charged &/or with the power supply) and receive hands-on training to learn the ins and outs of the system.
The class will focus on gaining a basic understanding of the newest operating system from Microsoft, Windows 8. Specific topics will include:
- Signing on to your account/shutting down the computer
- Reviewing, managing & rearranging the tiles on the Start Screen
- How to include and eliminate apps from the Start Screen
- How to switch back/forth from the Start Screen to the Desktop
- How to open/ close an app or more than one app
- Reviewing the “Charms Bar”
- How to personalize your system
- Plus much more!
Registration is required and space is limited, so call 336-703-2920 to register.
- Clemmons Library Auditorium
- Wednesday, May 1st
- 10:00 AM - Noon