- By Carla Holt
- Posted Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Volunteers Encouraged to Apply
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on March 14, 2011.
- Seven (7) Appointments to the ADULT CARE HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, Three-Year Terms, Expiring March 2014 [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year] [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Appointment to the APPEARANCE COMMISSION, WINSTON-SALEM/FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Term, Expiring February 2014 [Capacity: Special Experience or Education in Design]
- One (1) Nomination to CENTERPOINT HUMAN SERVICES, Three-Year Term, Expiring January 2014 [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Appointment to the COALITION FOR DRUG ABUSE, Three-Year Term, Expiring March 2013 [Capacity: Religion Representative]
- Five (5) Appointments to the EQUALIZATION AND REVIEW BOARD – 2011 to serve until all matters have been considered relative to tax listings and tax values for the current year
- Two (2) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY AGRICULTURAL ADVISORY BOARD, Three-Year Terms, Expiring February 2014 [Capacities: One (1) Non-Farm Member and One (1) Actively Engaged in Farming in Forsyth County]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY HISTORIC RESOURCES COMMISSION to Fill an Unexpired Term, Expiring November 2011 [Capacity: At Large]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL, Two-Year Term, Expiring March 2013 [Capacity: At Large]
- Two (2) Appointments to the INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES & POLLUTION CONTROL FINANCING AUTHORITY, Six-Year Terms, Expiring March 2017 [Capacity: Open]
- Three (3) Appointments to the NURSING HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring March 2014 [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year] [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Joint City/County Appointment to the PLANNING BOARD (CITY/COUNTY), Four-Year Term, Expiring February 2015 [Capacity: County Resident]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page of the Commissioners' website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 5:00 p.m.