- By Don Dwiggins
- Posted Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Free Tax Assistance Until April 15th at Central Library
Free tax assistance at Central Library has been extended untiil April 15th. Volunteers from VITA and AARP will be on hand Thursday, April 15th, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon in the Central Library Computer Learning Center to assist in preparation of state and federal returns. Central Library is the only library location offering tax assistance on April 15th. Central Library is located at 660 W. Fifth Street in Winston-Salem. (Some income and age restrictions apply.) Please bring the following if you plan to attend.
- Picture ID, W-2 form(s) and/or 1099
- A voided check or savings account information for direct deposit of any refund
- Social Security Card (or ITIN) for primary taxpayer and spouse, if married filing a joint return, and for each dependent to be listed on the tax return
- If applicable, proof of home mortgage interest, taxes, etc.
- Totals for medical expenses, contributions, etc. (It is important to have already added up all receipts)
- Employer ID (EIN) or SSN of all childcare providers for child care tax credit