- By Kim Hepler
- Posted Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Volunteers Encouraged to Apply
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on May 10, 2010.
· Six (6) Appointments to the ANIMAL CONTROL ADVISORY BOARD, Two-Year Terms, Expiring May 2012 (Capacities: One (1) Town Manager of a local municipality receiving Animal Control Services by Forsyth County; One (1) Director of the Forsyth County Health Department or his/her designee; One (1) County Resident who does not own a companion animal; One (1) County Resident who is a member, employee or officer in a Purebred Animal Registry Organization; One (1) Acting Chairman/President of the Forsyth County Veterinarian Assn. or his/her designee; and One (1) County Resident who is a member, employee or officer in a Forsyth County Animal Welfare Organization)
· One (1) Appointment to the APPEARANCE COMMISSION, WINSTON-SALEM/FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Term, Expiring February 2013 (Capacity: Special Experience or Education in Design)
· Two (2) Appointments to the BOARD OF HEALTH, Three-Year Terms, Expiring April 2013 (Capacity: General Public)
· One (1) Appointment to the COALITION FOR DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION, Three-Year Term, Expiring March 2013 (Capacity: Religion Representative)
· One (1) Appointment to the ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS BOARD, Three-Year Term, Expiring May 2013
· Two (2) Appointments to the Forsyth County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council, One (1) to Fill an Unexpired Term, Expiring June 2011 (Capacity: Parks and Recreation Representative) and One (1) Appointment, Two-Year Term, Expiring June 2011 (Capacity: Juvenile Defense Attorney)
· Two (2) Appointments to the SCIWORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS, Three-Year Terms, Expiring May 2013
· One (1) Appointment to the TEN-YEAR PLAN COMMISSION ON HOMELESSNESS to Fill an Unexpired Term, Expiring January 2012
· Two (2) Appointments to the ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring April 2013 (Capacities: One (1) Alternate Member and One (1) Regular Member)
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page on the Commissioner's website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 5:00 p.m.